THE CROSS CANADA CYCLE TOUR SOCIETY
- The name of the Society is "The Cross Canada Cycle Tour Society".
- The purposes of the Society are:
- As a non-profit organization to encourage and assist senior citizens to socialize and to remain healthy and active.
- To encourage and support bicycling for transportation, touring, recreation and sport.
- To educate members in responsible and safe cycling, in bicycle maintenance, and in the promotion of bicycling laws and conditions.
- To further the foregoing objectives by liaison and cooperation with governmental, voluntary and charitable organizations.
- To take action incidental and necessary to attain the foregoing purposes.
- The operations of the Society are to be chiefly carried out in the province of British Columbia with occasional liaison elsewhere for the purposes of the Society. This provision is alterable.
- The Society shall not carry on business, trade, industry or profession for profit or gain, except as incident to the purposes of the Society, nor shall it distribute any gain, profit or dividend to its members. Neither shall part of the capital, assets or earning of the Society, except valid expenses and salaries, be paid or accrued to the benefit of any of its members. This provision shall be unalterable.
- In the event of the winding up or dissolution of the Society, funds and assets of the Society remaining after the satisfaction of its debts and liabilities, shall be given or transferred to such charitable organization selected by the Directors. This provision shall be unalterable.
Certified Original Copy: January 13, 1983